Meet our board of directors!
- Tom Shessler: President, Educational Consultant
- Jacqui Ignatova: Vice President, Assistant Professor of Sustainable Development at ASU
- Carol Coulter: Treasurer, Owner of Heritage Homestead Goat Dairy
- Laurel Elam: Director of Quality Assurance Administration and Standards at Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET)
- Amanda Hege: Nutrition Educator at Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC & Adjunct Faculty at ASU
- Bruce Steinberg: Employment Services Consultant
- Theodoor Visser: Director, Global Malaria Team, Clinton Health Access Initiative
- Nikki Rezvani: Team Leader at Keller Williams High Country Realty
- Liz Whiteman: Operations Director at Blue Ridge Women in Agriculture
Meet our staff members!
- Renee Boughman: Founder/ Director of Community Engagement
- Elena Dalton: Executive Director
- Kim Short: Front of House Manager
- Pete Herbert: Executive Chef
- Ross Aglialoro: Production Coordinator
- Abby Huggins: Volunteer Coordinator
- Grayson Arthurs: Assistant Manager and Marketing Coordinator
F.A.R.M. Cafe in the news
F.A.R.M. Cafe awarded 2017 Boone Chamber of Commerce everGreen Award for Leadership in Sustainability
F.A.R.M. Cafe is pleased to receive the 2017 Boone Chamber of Commerce everGreen Award for Leadership in Sustainability. The everGreen Award sponsored by Mast General Store is presented to a business, organization, project, or person who has furthered the inclusion and integration of sustainable development principles. According to the Boone Chamber website, these efforts must exemplify a drive to preserve the environment while providing for broad means of economic prosperity.
Renee Boughman and Tommy Brown accepted the award on behalf of the F.A.R.M. Cafe. In her brief acceptance speech Renee expressed gratitude to the Boone and High Country Community for their generosity in supporting and participating in F.A.R.M. Cafe which has made it possible for the Cafe to Feed All Regardless of Means. It would not be possible without the support of this generous and wonderful community.
New York Times Feature
New York Times article - 36 Hours in Boone, N.C. (and Environs)